Less risk, improved efficiency, reduced costs
In large organisations, a lot of time and energy is wasted searching for the right information. This is particularly true in process industry operations, where information comes from different fields and is stored in different databases and data formats.
The challenge is therefore to ensure that people have access to the right information at the right time. This means that everyone needs to make sure they are viewing the latest approved (or built) version of drawings, documents and data, through:
- document version control
- multi-system integration
One such control system widely used by construction companies, engineering firms, and all businesses that prepare engineering drawings is the Viewport.
The software solution that helps you easily view the engineering content residing in various business applications.
Its main features are:
- effortlessly puts information into context using AI technologies and makes it accessible and viewable on any device;
- integrated view of asset information, enabling better decision making, longer tool usage time and a safer work environment;
- web-based environment, accessible in any browser;
- interconnects with multiple systems, including SAP, Sharepoint, Meridian, Vault, and other systems;
- ability to view documents via a viewer integrated within the browser itself;
- recognition of P&ID tag numbers, line numbers, drawing numbers and document numbers, all extracted from the latest versions of native SAP, Vault, and other systems;
- viewer with clickable, fully automated links to equipment information, drawings and documents;
- OCR text recognition algorithm, making it possible to search for information in scanned files.
This is one of the solutions to reduce operational risks that our CAD & ECM Solutions team offers.
CAD & ECM Manager